Friday, June 22, 2007

There's gold in them thar SL hills...

Hey, if the Macarthur foundation is dropping in their ante, or, in fact, upping the ante, hooray! More opps to research this phenomena - and perhaps, view this technology as something that is perceived and used differently by some people, and has potential to be a positive tool. (not like the lens I have used so far, which is, sadly, quite narcissistic, as I don't seem to see my reflection in SL, and have no desire to find it...)

I will applaud those of you who go for the gold ring on this merry go round, and either prove or dispel the hype around SL.

For my interests though, I am intrigued by this technology, will not ignore it, and have learned a good deal by exploring, but, I prefer to focus instruction and being a part of others' learning in a way that is in person, personal, physical, and engages all 5 senses. Urrr... all 6 senses for those who like my wife, tend to know things in a way I do not yet understand. I envy that.

tc

No comments: