Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Top Secret Adventures from Highlights

I recently received an offer in the mail to try out Hightlights "Top Secrest Adventures" book club for my kids. I usually don't open this type of mail, but thought I'd check it out to see if it might be something worth subscribing to as a gift for one of the kids in my life. It is described as a bookclub in which...

"children are introduced to 27 different countries, one at a time, through a mystery and adventure series.

Starting with a jigsaw puzzle that reveals a mystery, kids become young puzzle detectives. They learn about the people, culture, terrain, history, and geography of the featured country while searching for clues to solve the who, what, and where of the mystery. Top Secret Adventures will help expand knowledge and stimulate curiosity in children as they gain understanding of other cultures."

It offers one no obligation, free adventure to decide whether to subscribe. I'm planning to accept the free kit to check out for my own curiosity sake in terms of how the "game" is set up. Once my curiosity is settled, I will give it to a friends son who is really into reading and interactive adventures...

6 comments:

tcarroway said...

Thanks for the reference Kristen! Can you pass on a URL so I might look into it for my kids? (only 2 and 4 right now, and I mostly avoid them playing on the computer except for printing out coloring book pix and mazes for my 4 year old, but I'm interested!)

Kris said...

Hi Tom,

Sorry, I put the link in the title of the post, and will share it here as well: http://www.highlights.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1477&itemType=PRODUCT

Kristen

micah_gideon said...

That rocks! I'm definitely going to check that out. It brings up a good point that the more real life interaction one is able to include in a game, the more compelling it will be!

tcarroway said...

Thanks again Kristen - I ordered a kit today - only $3.50 for the shipping - such a deal!

tc said...

By the way, if anyone still reads this... DO NOT DO THIS...!!! I did, and had the company come after me for payments I declined, for bills they sent I threw away, and then a credit collection agency because I continued to refuse to pay any bills after cancelling...

Just a lessons learned...

tc

Deniz said...

Hey, thanks for the warning! It is a pity because it seemed really neat!